Senior Python/Django Software Engineer, Brivo Systems
Original link: https://www.python.org/jobs/7391/
LEHI, UTAH, USA
As the Senior Software Engineer and subject matter expert, you will design, implement & maintain front-end and back-end application and API services used by millions of users. You will consistently manage and ship high quality and timely releases that solve complex problems end-to-end in a team environment. You will proactively familiarize yourself with all components and technologies of the system and gain an understanding of the overall Brivo ecosystem. You will also be responsible for the infrastructure maintenance for the Brivo Smart Home cloud applications.
This position is based in Provo/Lehi, Utah but allows for partially remote work with the ability to travel to offices in Utah and occasional travel to Bethesda, Maryland or other locations.
You will also be expected to:
- Develop and maintain front-end & back-end applications for the Brivo SmartHome multi-family and vacation rental platform.
- Work in a fast paced agile development team doing continuous integrations and test-driven development.
- Design and optimize the API services in Python/Django.
- Build integrations with external property management software services.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for SmartHome applications.
- Work closely with other software, mobile, and device developers across multiple teams.
- Actively and constructively participate in planning, scoping, and architecture discussions with team members, senior engineers, and product stakeholders.
- Mentor junior developers, have pairing sessions, and perform code reviews.
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in managing infrastructure in AWS, kubernetes.
- Advanced programming skills in the Python and Django.
- Have experience with ORM, SQL, git flow, CI/CD, design patterns.
- Experience with DevOps technologies and best practices.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to think and operate beyond the scope of the immediate work.
- Attention to detail and ability to develop features in an iterative manner.
- Passionate about creating effective user experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working with smart home applications and technologies is a plus