Senior Software Engineer - Python / Django, EnrollWise by Blenderbox
Original link: https://www.python.org/jobs/7390/
N/A, Worldwide, United States
We are seeking an experienced software engineer specializing in Python, Django, Django ORM, GraphQL, performance optimization and API Integrations.
You will contribute to EnrollWise, our flagship product. EnrollWise is a best-in-class admissions and enrollment platform for public school districts that empowers families to make informed decisions and allows schools to perform fair and equitable student placements.
We are actively expanding the EnrollWise product line. The Back End for our product is built with Python and Django and the Front End with React/NextJS with communication/API layer in Apollo/GraphQL.
This is a 6-12 months initial contract with an opportunity for a long-term engagement.
Attention to detail and the ability to develop performant and scalable software is extremely important. The ideal candidate will be well-accomplished and eager to embrace a healthy challenge.
This is a fully remote position. We operate within a system of transparency and open communication that accelerates progress and allows for a healthy work / life balance. You will be working with talented people who are forward-thinking and compassionate.
The interview will be expedited if you attach samples of your work (links to web applications you've built or screenshots) and code samples (GitHub/GitLab account).
- Own and drive the development of new product features and enhance existing.
- Develop software components that are efficient and scalable.
- Maintain a high level of quality for software deliverables.
- Review and provide feedback on PRs from other team members.
- Collaborate on requirements definition and product design & development.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog refinement and estimation.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers and Designers to advise on technical feasibility of proposed design approaches.
- Actively participate in evolving our engineering quality standards.
- Provide strong thought leadership on emerging technologies.
- 4+ years of hands-on production experience with Python and Django framework.
- Experience with Decoupled architectures.
- Experience building and integrating performant and secure APIs.
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience building microservices while leveraging the AWS ecosystem.
- Solid grasp of application security and performance optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of best practice software architecture patterns and concepts.
- Ability to write scalable, reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Proficient in front-end theming, layout building and CSS pre/post-processors.
- Proactive with strong communication skills - fluent in the English language.
- Stellar problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
Nice to have
- Experience developing SaaS products.
- Experience with NoSQL database backends.
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with other programming languages.