Staff/Principal Software Engineer (Architect)
Original link: https://hasjob.co/hasura.io/bvvc5
Hasura is looking for a Staff/Principal Software Engineer with great aptitude for solving hard engineering problems to become part of the core engineering team.
GraphQL is changing the way developers & teams build software today. The Hasura GraphQL Engine is a Cloud tool that makes it fast and easy to compose a GraphQL API for secure data access across a range of data sources. This approach empowers application developers to rapidly create and iterate their applications thanks to the flexibility of GraphQL and automation of toilsome considerations like security, performance, resource footprint, and scalability.
In this position, you will work on architecting complex features on the core product and helping execute the vision of making data access 10x easier by building easy to use, planet-scale, low-latency, reliable Cloud services.
Hasura is being adopted by developers in startups as well as some of the largest Fortune 500 companies. We are excited to be at the intersection of two major ecosystem trends that will have a profound impact on development workflows going forward and we are looking for amazing people who are as excited as we are to join us on this journey.
What the role will involve:
- Solving hard problems: Architect solutions for complex problems both independently and collaboratively, both at the low-level and high-level, ensuring scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Product thinking: Understand ambiguous or loose customer (i.e. developers and enterprises) requirements and formulate solutions which align strategically with the product.
- Mentorship: Provide guidance and mentorship to team members during technical problem solving and code reviews.
- Implementing engineering best practices: Identify opportunities to improve engineering best practices to improve overall software production and quality.
- Collaborating with stakeholders: Foster strong collaboration and communication with key stakeholders across the organization, including fellow engineers, managers, and executives.
- Software engineering experience: 7+ years of software engineering experience with some experience in software infrastructure/platform engineering.
- Deep understanding of at least one systems programming language e.g. C/C++/Rust/GoLang
- Technology Stack: Good understanding of technologies such as containers, RDBMS and NoSQL databases, Redis, Kafka, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced constantly evolving environment.
India (Remote/Bangalore): we have an office in Bangalore, and if you're based in Bangalore, you can choose to work out of our office.
Working at Hasura:
At Hasura, we help developers go from zero to fully fledged modern apps, blazing fast. Through your work at Hasura, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on both how Hasura is built as well as the larger developer ecosystem.
As a team, we take a lot of pride in our work. We obsess over the developer experience, and our first priority as a company will always be to make things easier for our users.
Perks of working at Hasura:
- Remote & Hybrid Work Environment: Our team is spread across 18 countries and we’re a remote workforce. We have office spaces in San Francisco and Bangalore for those who want to catch up for high-bandwidth discussions over a whiteboards and snacks!
- Self-care Fridays: We have the second Friday of every month off - so we always have at least one long weekend to recharge and spend time taking care of ourselves.
- Equipment and learning allowance: We have equipment and learning budgets to ensure team members have what they need to be successful in their roles.
- Donation Matching: We have a donation matching fund of USD 20,000 / year to match employee donations to global organizations working towards equality & equity.
- Flexible timings & PTO: Pick work hours that suit you the best! Ensure that you have effective overlaps with your team members as required, and choose the time and place of work that brings out the best in you.
We are on a mission to making developing modern apps and faster APIs a cake walk, and we can’t wait to have you onboard with us! We welcome any questions during the interview process that you may have about our culture, the kind of work we do and the process we employ to make it all come together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
We'd love to hear from you. Even if you don't fulfill 100% of the above requirements or are unsure whether this would be the right fit, please apply to us with your questions.
Hasura is a venture-backed open-source technology company that makes your data instantly accessible over a real-time GraphQL API, so you can build and ship modern apps and APIs faster. Hasura connects to your databases, REST servers, GraphQL servers and third party APIs (eg: Stripe, Salesforce) and provides a unified API across all your data sources.
Hasura Cloud is a highly available, hosted API-as-a-Service, managed entirely by Hasura. It removes the additional ops overhead and takes care of availability and scaling with elegance.
We are a globally distributed team, with offices in San Francisco & Bangalore.